Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Random Rants

It's been far too long since my last post, and I wonder if I can still write in a coherent manner, but I'm going to give it a try.

A couple of things: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. PULEEZE! Maureen Dowd of the New York Times took the Secretary of State to task for not working harder on pressing foreign policy issues. Ms. Dowd, I beg you to stop. The less time the current White House foreign policy team spends on "fixing" foreign policy issues the less time the next administration will have to spend repairing the damage caused by such an incredible group of bunglers. Never have so few done so little to harm so many in so little time (my apologies to Winston Churchill). I shudder to think of the damage she and her cohorts may inflict if they actually spent time doing their jobs. Ms. Dowd is clearly misguided in thinking that the current Administration has even the remotest grasp of international politics. Thankfully, the White House I'm sure canceled its subscription years ago. :-)

Barack Obama. He reminds me of President Clinton, that is when the President was still just Gov. Clinton. He's full of promise and great ideas. I want him to be the next president, someone who isn't tainted or jaded. I'm trying to make my way through his most recent book -- The Audacity of Hope, and I find it an excellent read, and he appears to have a firm grasp on what is happening to our country internally and what we need to do to make it better. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he continues to be the bright light that our party and our nation needs.

I have some thoughts about the Catholic church here in America, but I feel I should probably save them for later. Except to say that I think hopefully the settlement reached in Los Angeles will allow those involved to find some peace in their lives. And I would hope that the church leadership would spend more time addressing what may have been the root causes that led to this legal action rather than just trying to control the damage past acts may have caused. Without true introspective thought the church is very likely to find itself in this very position again in the not too distant future.

Till next time. Hoping someone reads this. :-)

No comments: